Thursday, April 11, 2013

Marathon Florida


Hello Everyone,

 

It has been awhile since we have updated the blog.  It is Feb. 15, 2013 and we are in Marathon Florida.  We are behind schedule but are enjoying the weather here and learning the weather patterns down here so we can continue our journey.

We have heard about the weather that you have been experiencing and we don’t really miss it but do miss relatives, friends and ooops television once in awhile.

Well we are getting a few matters in order to make the crossing to the Bahamas. We are hooking up our SSB radio, getting a new anchor light ours is a dull orange colour and food. Knocking on wood we have not had any more engine problems, electrical fixed with the help of Jamison in Marathon. He replaced charger, cleaned up some wiring and gave some general advice. We also got a freezer for the boat as our small compartment in the fridge would only hold about 4 days of meat so now we will be good for about 1 to 2 months and room to make some ice. The freezer fits nicely under the salon table at the bow end without taking up any leg space.

So back to our adventures. We will be here for about another 2 to 3 weeks. Marathon is nice to get stuff done. My projects while we are here is to make covers for our gas cans and to do some teak refinishing. Jack is such as slave driver ha ha, but we want to move on the nicer waters.

 The internet here is extremely bad and trying to download pictures on the blog takes forever. I tried to get on my facebook page but since I have not been on it forever I forgot password and I have tried all the suggestions that facebook has given me but no go. I can get on from Jack’s but cannot get on it to change or add anything. I guess my next resource is to open a new page more computer work. I thought I was getting away from all that but bottom line is it is more important now so I can stay in touch.

We went to Key West.  It was nice but very touristy. Great sunsets and good eats. Marty was done and joined us and we made use of his car and had some great times together some were just sitting in the cockpit, barbecuing and watching the sun set or rise. We also had a visit from Frans and Vita. It’s always nice to meet up with long time friends. While we were in Miami Lois and Bernie came to visit. They were staying in Fort Myers on the west side on Florida. It makes a difference when you have a car. Gets expensive renting cars. For Christmas we went to Kathy and Ross’s for a few days. It really is great seeing everyone but makes me homesick. Well before you know it I will probably be making a trip home as there is another little one on its way. Yes Colleen is having her second baby in July but we will have a lot of area to cover before that time.

Jack will have to update on the actual route we will be taking over the next few months with my sense of direction for currents and winds we will end up in Africa and I definitely do not want to end up going across the Atlantic.
 They have pig races in Marahton.  This is the finish line.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment